Sell with us
Why become a Maven Supplier?
Maven's goal is to create a more sustainable society. We keep more clothes in circulation and stop them from being thrown into landfills.
By becoming a Maven supplier, you are a part of this. You are creating a circular economy, thinking sustainably, doing your bit for Mother Earth and setting an example for your children (and theirs). You also get free access to a continually updated collection of incredible clothes with a Maven voucher when you become a supplier.
How we pay you for your clothes:
In a Maven Gift Card:
This creates a real circular economy. You are almost swapping your unworn items for a chance to use a voucher and keep refreshing your wardrobe in a sustainable way. The Gift Card is valid for one year, and don't forget, you can use it for men's, women and kids clothes.
If the item is a designer or international brand, we will take it on consignment. We will pay you 40% of our retail price (ex VAT) when it sells.
What brands do we take?
We accept clothes, shoes and accessories from:
- Designer Brands: local and international like Zadig & Voltaire, Vivienne Westwood, Karen Millen, POLO, LIU JO, Kate Spade & Diane Von Furstenberg.
- Boutique Brands: local brands like GOOD Clothing, Sitting Pretty and Desray, and international like Maje, Closet London, Reiss, Ted Baker, August, Jane Valken, Hush, Marlene Birger & FOUND.Collection.
- High Street Brands: Such as Zara, Country Road, Trenery, Whistles, Poetry, Guess, COS, ALLSAINTS, Topshop, Sissy Boy, Witchery, Banana Republic, Abercrombie & Fitch and French Connection.
- Vintage: Items that are in great condition.
What condition must the clothes be in?
Clothes must be clean, free of stains and not in need of dry cleaning when they arrive at Maven.
I am happy with the above! What do I do now?
- WhatsApp Jane (number will be provided when we start buying stock again) with pictures of the pieces you would like to sell. Include the brand name and sizing as this helps with our selection process.
- Once all parties agree, items can be dropped in Hout Bay (CT), Rondebosch (CT) or Craighall Park (JHB).
- We will then do a costing and quality check.
- Once all parties agree, the Gift Card, cash or donation is finalised.
How do I use my Maven Gift Card?
If you have selected the Gift Card option, your Gift Card will be emailed to you as soon as the quality check on the delivered clothes has been done. You can use the code to shop on our site, and enter the code at check out. If you do not use your whole Gift Card in one go, it saves the balance and you can keep using the same code until the Gift Card runs to R0.
When do I get my Cash?
If an upfront cash payment is agreed, once the clothes are received and checked, you should receive payment into your bank in 3-4 days.
What happens to the items Maven rejects?
What might not be sellable on Maven can still be very wearable, so we give you 2 options: You can get the clothes back (collection or courier at your cost) or allow us to donate them to Taking Care of Business. We work very closely with Taking Care of Business and support them by donating as much clothing as possible. Read more about them here.
We require a VAT form (which we supply) and a copy of your ID to be a Maven supplier.
Thanks for thinking sustainably :)